What is a TRIO?
A TRIO is 2-4 Christ-followers who have committed themselves to share LIFE, SCRIPTURE, PRAYER & MISSION through intentional friendship, thus becoming increasingly dedicated followers of Christ. You can download our full document by tapping:
TRIO’s are self-organised and are comprised of same-sex Christ-followers, choosing to commit themselves to meet with one another regularly. Each group finds its healthy rhythm that is light enough not to be a burden and yet regular enough to be a significant influence in their lives.
We believe it is God’s will for us to have close, intentional relationships that help us to grow in our relationship with God and faith, obedience and love. After all, we were made in the image of God who has always been in an eternal relationship, Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 teaches us that two people are better than one and that three are even better when it comes to being faithful and fruitful through all of life.
What do you do in a TRIO?
- Every TRIO will be different because we are all unique, and so each group will find their rhythms that breath life and momentum to the relationships. As the church, we do not specify a curriculum to follow but do encourage there to be balanced in the four elements that TRIO’s form around:
- Share Life: Get to know one another’s lives, struggles, hopes, dreams, fears, weaknesses, gifts…This takes time and vulnerability. Regular meetings & regular communication with each other are essential for this depth of relationship to grow. The more you share vulnerably, the more impact you will have in each other’s lives.
- Share Scripture: There are many ways to do this, but committing as a TRIO to the Reconciliation Road Church Bible Reading Plan is one way we recommend. Sharing Scripture can also be done by discussing and applying the Sunday message together or by reading a book together based on Scripture. TRIO’s help us to anchor our lives on regular Scripture reading & meditation.
- Share Prayer: Pray when you’re together and prayer when you’re not, keeping in contact through messaging one another at key moments in life when you can stand and pray for one another.
- Share Mission: TRIO members help one another get onto God’s agenda for their lives, urging one another to live wholeheartedly for Him who died for us (2 Cor 5:15). TRIO members seek to activate all the gifts God has given each one of us, using them to build up Jesus’ church & spurring one another to commit to the church’s rhythms & to sharing your faith at every opportunity. You can find out more by tapping the links below: